i-Tree is a set of tools designed to help communities maximize the benefits they receive from trees. The Forest Service wants to hear from YOU to help inform what the future may hold for i-Tree. You can lend your voice by attending one of their 3 Town Hall listening sessions.
- Each session targets a specific user group but each is open to all users based on your schedule – i.e. if you can’t make your preferred time, or not sure which one best fits, please feel free to choose any, all are welcome!
- If you cannot attend but are interested in providing feedback, please register; as comments can be captured during the registration process.
See below for registration information:
- April 7, Experienced users: https://usfs.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIsdOigqjwjHQdkznFS-TceVxkTnr0rJRE
- April 14, Moderate users: https://usfs.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIscOmurj0sGJfj7qiXUtQ-jeOJ3O9SIDI
- April 21, Novice and potential future users: https://usfs.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItcOqgqDwsEkVFro5BuM-ZV65abCCwTI0
i-Tree is developed and maintained through a public-private partnership between the USDA Forest Service and the Davey Tree Expert Company along with the support of many additional cooperators. The i-Tree Suite of Tools is freely available, supported, and used worldwide. The i-Tree Suite of Tools provides urban and rural forestry analysis and benefit assessment tools. The i-Tree tools can help strengthen forest management and advocacy efforts by quantifying forest structure and the environmental benefits that trees provide.
The Forest Service needs to hear from you, the frequent, moderate, and novice or potential future user of i-Tree – the champions as well as those who have never used i-Tree but may be curious – to show up and lend your voice to help inform the future direction and potential future offerings, including thoughts related to:
· How might i-Tree be more responsive to urban community needs, particularly those who advocate locally?
· How might i-Tree assist your work-related to tree equity?
· What barriers do you encounter that prevent you from realizing the true potential of i-Tree?
· What improvements would you like to see in i-Tree?
· How important is i-Tree to the work that you do?
Please register to attend a listening session! There is an opportunity during the registration process to include comments – please take advantage and share your thoughts!